1. We are going to know a freedom from worry and a new happiness.
2. We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it.
3. We will comprehend the word serenity.
4. We will know peace.
5. No matter what we’ve been through, we will see how our experiences can benefit others.
6. Those feelings of resentment and self-pity will disappear.
7. We will lose interest in trying to change others and gain an appreciation for those special people in our lives.
8. Self-righteousness will slip away
9. Our attitude and outlook on life will change
10. Fear of other people’s opinions and our insecurities will leave us.
11. We will intuitively know how to handle situations which used to baffle us.
12. We will come to realize that God is doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.
(adapted with permission from AA)